The Company’s commitment to social responsibility is one of our core values. Projects and activities focus on the sustainable development of people, culture, and the environment and are supported by the active participation of all KCE employees. Working groups for specific projects have been established to maintain continuity in CSR activities with recommendations provided by Management. Therefore, our CSR projects have been largely driven by the “Volunteer Spirit” of the Company. Our Corporate Social Responsibility Working Group, which serves as a CSR project center, plans the direction of CSR, sets budgets, as well as organizes CSR projects and activities. Their duties also include following up project performances, reporting progress to Management and serving as a center to communicate with external organizations. All activities are performed in accordance with KCE’s core values to create sustainable development in society.
The Company operates its business in an ethical manner with a strong sense of social responsibility. These values are incorporated into Management’s practices as an example for the younger generation to follow and to commit to the 8 principled standards according to the Stock Exchange of Thailand, as follows:
The Company includes a Code of Conduct in its employee manual. The code covers ethical and moral values that employees are required to abide by.
The Board of Directors has a policy to treat its partners in an equal, fair and honest manner, respect the right of intellectual property, promote political rights, and comply with contractual commitments to stakeholders, as follows:
- Ensure fair competition: To strictly follow the various conditions agreed upon with a seller or creditor according to various agreements that have been entered into in conducting business together.
- Promote social responsibility with trading partners: Notify and request cooperation in inspecting whether employment and work operations are fair in accordance with the labor law of the seller, sub-employee, or sub-contractor who are trading partners of the Company.
- Respect the right of property: Promote and strictly comply with the right of property, intellectual property, copyrights, patents, and moral right.
- Relate to politics in a responsible way: The Company operates its business devoid of political bias, will not participate or get involved with any political party or person who holds political power, and will not use funds or resources of the Company to support directly or indirectly any political party or politician. Executives and personnel are not allowed to use their power to manipulate, threaten or force others.
The Company has developed a process of monitoring and controlling operational risks. The Operating Risk Management working group was set up to monitor and ensure effective risk control for the Company. Operational risk assessment is carried out to ensure that the Company’s operations are not unlawful or cause a negative impact on society and the environment.
The Company committed to the Anti-corruption policy, and undertook the dissemination of the principles and changing of attitude toward practice. On November 18, 2013, the Company signed a mutual agreement with the Private Sector Collective Action Coalition Against Corruption (CAC). On April 3, 2015, CAC certified KCE as a member. The anti-corruption rating for the Company is in the level 4.
The Company established the Anti-corruption Policy to ensure that operation management is performed honestly, efficiently and effectively. The Company encouraged the distribution of the policy and communicated with management and employees of all level in order that the policy is accounted for as a practical guideline.
The Company is dedicated and committed to upholding the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The Board of Directors places great importance on human rights and considers this a key policy for the Company in operating its business. In this regard, respect for the dignity of every employee is the foundation of a quality and valuable business operation. The Company realizes that its success is linked to employees’ satisfaction. Therefore, the Company ensures fair treatment; equal opportunity, appropriate remuneration, appointments and transfers; a safe and environmentally friendly operating system for all employees; and training to improve productivity. This helps to raise morale and consequently increase productivity.
The Company is also committed to the Thai Labour Protection Act. B.E. 2551, Thai Labour Standard: TLS.8001 of the Department of Labour Protection and Welfare, which prohibits the hiring of forced labor, ensures fair compensation, equal treatment without discrimination, freedom of association, and the right to occupational safety, health, and environmental standards.
The Company strictly follows all laws, rules and regulations. The Company provides fair and equal opportunity for employees to file complaints or to freely express their opinions that may lead to the development of the organization and Management.
The Company emphasizes the equal treatment of employees.
- Respect the right to work according to the rule of human rights without discriminating in the workplace and without the use of force and with no use of child labor. The right and freedom of employees are respected.
- Promote social protection and work conditions of employees by providing fair working conditions and remuneration and other welfare that is appropriate and in accordance with the law. Avoid unfair action that would affect the stability of the employee or to threaten or create emotional pressure on an employee.
- Promote protection against workplace health, safety and environmental hazards, and maintain a working system that ensures safety for life and property and good health.
The Company is also committed to supporting the professional advancement and self-development of all employees. We use a fair compensation and merit system to measure the performance of our employees. The Company encourages employees to participate in recreational activities. A corporate intranet system and performance evaluation system is available for employees to share their ideas and launch activities to improve the quality of life.
The Company’s policies and objectives are delivered through “continuous training” and development programs, which include specific knowledge and skill training, basic training courses, and strategic policy training to enable our employees to easily adapt themselves to the Company’s ethics. In 2018, the Human Resource & Organization Development Department arranged numerous training programs for employees throughout the year, which resulted in an increase in the total number of training hours and the number of multi-skilled employees.
|Total number of training hours (hrs/person/yr)||30.14||74.06||73.50||62.52||73.57|
|% of multi-skilled operators||69.26%||69.45%||75.22%||70.00%||77.84%|
In 2014, the Company was awarded the " TLS 8001-2010 and Welfare in the Year 2014" award organized by the Department of Labour Protection and Welfare; and TLS 8001-2010 Certificate Completion Level, Initiative Phase for the achievement of the requirements of Thai Corporate Social Responsibility issued by the Department of Labour Protection and Welfare, which is valid from February 8, 2013 to February 7, 2016.
In 2015, the Company was awarded the "Excellent Establishment on Labour Relations and Welfare" at the National level in the year 2015 achievement, award organized by the Department of Labour Protection and Welfare; and a Certificate, the Company is able to maintain Thai Labour Standard continuously, issued by the Department of Labour Protection and Welfare, on May 26, 2015. Additionally, the Company was certified in its supporting on the "better health in the workplace" project, by the Association for the Development of Environmental Quality.
In 2016, the Company was awarded the TLS 8001-2010 Certificate Completion Level, Initiative Phase for the achievement of the requirements of Thai Corporate Social Responsibility issued by the Department of Labour Protection and Welfare, which is valid from August 15, 2016, to August 14, 2019.
In addition, the Company was awarded the "Excellent Establishment on Labour Relations and Welfare" at the National level in the year 2016 achievement, award organized by the Department of Labour Protection and Welfare, issued date August 17, 2016.
In 2017, the Company was awarded the "Excellent Establishment on Labour Relations and Welfare" at the National level for the 5th consecutive year, award organized by the Department of Labour Protection and Welfare, issued date August 25, 2017; and a Certificate that the Company is able to maintain Thai Labour Standard for 5 years continuously, issued by the Department of Labour Protection and Welfare, on August 25, 2017.
In 2018, the Company was awarded the "Excellent Establishment on Labour Relations and Welfare" at the National level for the 5th consecutive year, award organized by the Department of Labour Protection and Welfare, issued date August 23, 2018.
The Company was awarded the Certificate of Good and Happy Workplace, award organized by The Association for The Development of Environmental Quality, Thai Health Promotion Foundation, issued date August 22, 2018
The company has already prepared and planned to be qualified for the ISO 45001:2018 in 2019.
The Board of Directors is committed to principles and policies that maximize customer satisfaction and confidence in the quality of our products at a fair price. The Company strives to maintain the trust of customers by our high safety standards and our efforts to ensure as we care about our effect on society and the environment and avoids any action that would violate or cause customers to lose their rights.
The Company, including all of its Sales Offices worldwide, has been awarded ISO/TS 16949:2016 Edition 1 (September 6, 2018 - September 6, 2021), Certificate of Quality Management System of Technical Specification for Automatic Productive and Relevant Service Part. SGS (Thailand) Limited conducts audits twice a year, and the audit result is accredited by the IATF. The Company has been continuously audited to ensure adherence to all stipulations and strictly meets the quality standard. In 2018, there was one surveillance audit in May, and the Company was capable to maintain its status. During 2018, there were plant visits by customers such as Continental, ZF Electronics GMBH, Autoliv, Bosch, Danfoss, Valeo, Schneider, and BOSE to follow up on compliance with the Quality standard. There were no major deviations found.
During 2018, the Company conducted Customer Satisfaction surveys in various categories, such as technical area, quality, on-time delivery, problem responsiveness, logistics, accuracy of the document and communication. The results of which are satisfactory (in the level of 80%-100%.)
For 2018, the Company set quality target, as follows:
- Output 15,030,000 sq. ft per year
- Scrap rate:
- Inner layer < 0.60%
- Outer layer < 4.00%
- Customer rejects/returns:
- Automotive < 0 ppm
- Overall < 0 ppm
- Delivery performance:
- Automotive < 100%
- Overall < 100%
In the year 2018, the Company enhanced its standard quality system, as follows:
- Setup Zero Incident Policy to reduce scrap to improve customer satisfaction.
- Implemented of a “Continuous Quality Improvement Program” (QIP) by the crossed-function team, which consists of 10 projects. The goals of the program are to improve the production process, reduce waste, lower expense and continuously improve quality. The team consists of the Engineering, Process Engineer, Planning Control, Production, Quality and other related departments. The team regularly meets every week to follow up on problem-solving, the causes of problems and the corrective action with the aim to continuously improve.
- Conduct weekly presentations by the Customer Quality Engineer Division regarding customer rejections/returns in order to make all related departments aware of the problem and to jointly find a corrective solution to the problem.
- Taking customer rejections/returns and deliveries on time data into account in a customer satisfaction assessment in order to improve service and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Presentation concerning problems related to quality by the Quality Department and provide supporting data to the production department with the aim to improve the production process in accordance with customer requirements. In addition, a new communication channel was added in regard to operational efficiency within the organization, e.g. website, poster, brochure, weekly meeting and presentation slides projected on a screen.
- Conduct Internal Audit System to monitor all Departments' performances to ensure the compliance to the customer's requirements and the IATF16949:2016 quality standard.
- Monitor all inspection equipments used in the production in every 3 months to ensure that the equipments was properly calibrated and compatible to the regulations of IATF16949:2016 quality standard.
- Installed new innovative machinery for the production, such as
- Fourrier Transform Infrared Micro Spectrometer (FT-IR)
- Surface Insulation Ressistance (S.I.R.)
- Drilling Machine
- Provided Technical training to foreman according to the IATF16949:2016 regulation in order to enhance understanding and knowledge to be capable to perform in line with the IATF16949:2016 quality standard.
- Installed a high-efficiency inspection machinery to test the potential of the product to certify the Reliability per customer's need.
- Developed the on-line electronics filing system (E-Filing) for record keeping, reporting, approval, as well as for the data base, in order to reduce paper usage and increase data accuracy and the processing speed
- In 2018, the company was approved to produce the board with Heavy Copper Inner (Copper 6 Oz Inner Layer), under the UL standard, which good quality and safe materials is used in the production.
The Certification of the quality standard of Testing Laboratory (at KCE Technology)
The Company foresees the importance of the competence testing system, and therefore brought KCE Technology's laboratory to be certified for its quality standard, in order that the laboratory can carry out the test and calibration for PCB products in a professional manner and being a world-class LAB. In 2016, KCET's laboratory was awarded a certification ISO/IEC 17025: 2005, being the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratory, Certification number 17T016/0507, by the Thai Industrial Standards Institute (TISI). In 2018, the company prepared to have another laboratory of KCE Electronics to be certified ISO 17025 standards as well.
The Company is committed to the strict conservation of standard environmental systems under related regulations and laws. The Company's operational policy is to efficiently use energy and natural resources by investing in waste water and air treatment systems. All of the Company's factories are situated in industrial estates which have a standard environmental system in place to minimize any possible impact on the environment.
The Company has set an environment policy as a guideline for Management and staff, as follows:
Environment Management Policy
“KCE Electronics Public Company, a manufacturer and exporter of printed circuit boards (PCBs) is committed to establish an Environmental Management System through complying with KCE’s Environment Management Policy, as follows:
- Continuously meet legal requirements as well as contribute to the improvement of environmental issues.
- Reduce waste materials and natural resource usage.
- Effectively and efficiently utilize natural resources.
- Continuously assess and evaluate environment management systems, and review objectives and targets to ensure the effectiveness of the system.
- Promote and develop staff awareness and responsibility to the environment through communication, the provision of relevant information and cooperation among staff, suppliers, customers, government agencies, the private sector and the general public.
The Company encourages employees of all levels to participate in activities to improve the workplace environment through its “5 S” activities. In the production process, the Company maximizes the use of resources as well utilizes advanced wastewater treatment technology. Environmental quality assessments are undertaken in the plant and in nearby communities in order to ensure that the Company’s operations are environmentally friendly.
The Company received ISO 14001: 2015 certification (March 28, 2017 - March 28, 2020), which is the standard for environmental management. An audit is continually conducted by SGS (Thailand) to ensure that the Company complies with the policy and strictly operates according to environmental regulations. In 2018, 2 audits were performed, in February and in September.
In addition, the Company was certified by the "Green Industry", the Ministry of Industry, that the Company is rated "Green industry-Level 3) in the Green system, as the Company has systematically manage the environment, monitor and assess the outcome and continuously improve the results, issued by August 24, 2018 - August 23, 2021.
In 2018, the Company’s environmental plans are as follows:
- Reduce electricity consumption usage:
- Target: < 6.30 Kw.hr/ Sq. ft
- Results: = 6.27 Kw.hr/ Sq. ft
- Reduce water usage to
- Target: < 0.10 m3/ sq. ft
- Results: = 0.09 m3/ sq. ft
- Water Recycle
- Target: > 40%
- Results: = 41.47%
In terms of environmental operation, the Company has achieved the objectives specified by the legal rules and regulations as well as the environmental management system. In 2018, the Company arranged several activities for employees to participate in with the aim to promote and encourage environmental safety in accordance with ISO 14001 practices, as follows:
- Installed VSD pump CW-TP, in order to reduce electricity consumption in production area.
- Installed Automatic compress air on demand system according to Thailand 4.0 Policy of efficiency energy management, supported by Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency.
- Promoted the Waste Separation Project; General waste, Recycled waste and Dangerous waste. The result was a better separation of the waste.
- Promote energy saving in the office area by encouraging all departments to adjust their behavior in order to reduce electricity consumption.
- Promote water consumption saving in the production area. The result was satisfactory.
- Monitored the environmental management systems by a newly appointed committee for the Group.
- Monitored waste water quality after the treatment by the Company on a daily basis,; Copper content must < 2 ppm and PH level must be between 5.5 -9.0.
- Arranged 2018 Environmental activities in the Safety week event in December
- Using of environment-friendly raw materials, by controlling the use of prohibited chemicals in the raw materials, which is in compliance to the regulations of RoHS Directive (EU) 2015/863, RoHS (Directive 2011/65/EU), Packaging Directive (Directive 94/62/EC) End-of-Live Vehicle (Directive 2000/53/EC), REACH and Substance of Very High Concern (SVHC) (Directive 1907/2006/EC) and Global Automotive Declarable Substance List (GASL) and implemented IMDS (International Materials Data System).
- PCBs that the Company produced is an environment-friendly product. This was certified by a third party certified laboratory, and being recertified every year.
- KCE Technology Co. Ltd. (KCET) received the Green Partner Certification from SONY on September 19, 2018, in cooperation on Sony environmental quality assurance activity “Green Procurement” according to chemSHERPA.
- The Company was categorized under the “Universe” of 2018 ESG100 companies, who have an outstanding sustainability performance regarding the Environment, Social and Governance, in 2018, rated by THAIPAT’s ESG Rating unit, the Foundation for Thailand Rural Reconstruction Movement (TRRM) under the royal patronage of His Majesty the King.
Environmental Measurements in 2018
|2018 Actual measurement||Per Law|
|Jan - Jun||Jul - Dec|
|Air quality from chimneys|
|CO Emission (ppm)||16.00||29.00||690|
|Nox Emission (ppm)||36.00||2.95||200|
|Sox Emission (ppm)||1.30||1.30||60|
|Average noise level 8 hrs.||84.57||85|
|Maximum noise level||102.70||140|
|Quantity of industrial waste|
|Non-toxic industrial waste (per year)||3,677 Tons/ year||Properly Buried or Recycled|
|Toxic industrial waste (per year)||11,794 Tons/ Year||Managed by licensed company|
KCE set up a voluntary working group work to undertake long-term projects, such as a mangrove planting project and beach cleaning project, and short-term projects, such as donations of money or necessary items for temples, schools, and governmental places, including organizing recreational activities for disadvantaged persons.
On January 9, 2018, KCE donated money and the necessities to the monks, Wat Suthaphoch
On January 13, 2018, KCE donated teaching aids and gifts on Children’s Day to a total of 12 schools and government units, Wat Utapao School, Lam Jaedee School, Surao Sanam Klang Lam School, Wat Ratchakosa, child development, Wat Phrayapla School, Pracha Ruamchai, Child development, LatKrabang Industrial Estate Office, and etc.
On January 26, 2018, KCE Group collected the old calendars and donated them to the Educational Technology Center for the Blind to produce braille books for the blind.
On February 14, 2018, KCE Group collected the old calendars and donated them to the Foundation for the Blind of Thailand under The Royal Patronage of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit to produce braille books for the blind.
On February 14, 2018, KCE Group collected the old mobile phones and donated them for acquisition of medical instruments project, the thaikidneyclub
On May 4-5, 2018, KCE Group provide school scholarships to the Soi12 Sai4 Sai School Deelang, Lop Buri province.
On May 16, 2018, The Company’s employee donated books to the school library, Wat Hardsumran School, Tambon Thamaphla, Amphoe Lang Suan, Chumporn province.
On August 3, 2018, KCE International Co., Ltd. jointly participated in the activity with members of the community and enterprises in the Bang Pu Industrial Estate in order to take part in environmental preservation, Mangrove forest planting in honor of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn and Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, at the Nature Education Centre, the Bang Pu recreation centre.
On August 3-4, 17-18, 2018, and September 6-7, 2018, KCE Group collected garbage at Mae Ramphueng Beach, Rayong province.
On September 14, 2018, KCE Group provided school scholarships, stationery, sporting goods to students, Prasansamakee School. Khwaeng Tubyao, Bangkok.
On September 20, 2018, The KCE Group and the OKS Foundation jointly donated medical to the Suan Dok Hospital Foundation, Faculty of Medicine of Chiang Mai University, for children in the Department of Pediatrics.
On October 3, 2018, The KCE Group joined with the OSK Foundation represented by CSR members to make a donation for the purchase of medical equipment for the Children’s Hospital.
On October 27, 2018, The KCE Group donated the consumer products to the Baan Nokkamin Foundation, situated on Serithai Road, KlongKum, Bueng Kum district, Bangkok.
On November 4, 2018, KCE Group made merit in the “Thot Kathin” ceremony at Wat Pah Ampawan, Chonburi province (branch No. 42 of Wat Nongphapong).
On November 24, 2018, The KCE Group provided lunch, donated consumer products and arranged recreational activity at SotSuksa School, Prachinburi, Tambon Noen Hom, Amphoe Mueang, Prachinburi province.
On December 8, 2018, The KCE Group provided lunch and arranged recreational activity with disadvantaged patients/destitute patients at the Elderly Foundation (Baan Lung Sanit), Ratchaburi, Moo 5, Tambon Kung Krathin, Amphoe Mueang, Ratchaburi province.
On December 9, 2018, The KCE Group donated clothes, blankets, jacket, stationery, sporting goods, dried food and candy to students at the Ban Mae-Aok-Nue School, Sop Moei, Mae Hong Son province.
Moreover, in 2018 the Company signed a Memorandum of the academic cooperation with many Institute of Technology, to create cooperation in academic purpose, such as to provide training for students or to participate in the Co-operative education project. From the training, students could develop knowledge and skills, by learning from on the job training and from knowledge transfer from the actual situations. It is expected that students will gain the required knowledge that is truly needed by the labor market or the enterprise.
the Company signed a Memorandum of the academic cooperation as follow:
- Prince of Songkla University, February 9, 2018.
- Ayutthaya Technical College, February 14, 2018.
- Nakhonnayok Technical College, February 22, 2018.
- Chitralada Technology College, July 17, 2018.
- Chitralada Vocational School, July 17, 2018.
- Prachinburi Technical College, September 20, 2018.
- Faculty of Physical Education (Public Health), Srinakharinwirot Univiersity, October 25, 2018,
The Company provided training for third-year Faculty of Engineering students of King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL), King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT), and King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUNB), during June 1 - November 30, 2018.
The Company provided training for 4 students of high vocational education program in Electronics, from Chitralada Vocational School so that students gain knowledge and skills from experienced persons, in line with the initiative of HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, the School administer, during January 15 - May 18, 2018.
In 2018, there were another 11 students from various institutes, participated in other training programs to develop various professional skills in the Company.
The Company began operating a new plant to expand capacity in order to accommodate growth in customer orders. The plant was designed based on the Green Building concept to be more resource friendly and efficient in accordance with evaluation criteria of the US Leadership in Energy & Environment Design Standard (LEED) by incorporating the following:
- Wastewater treatment technology to reduce water usage, using a Reverse Osmosis (RO) system to treat wastewater from production to recycling.
- 24-hour use of LED lighting in production areas to reduce electricity usage.
- A fire sprinkler system in line with the US National Fire Protection Association Standard (NFPA).
- A fire suppression system for specific areas such as electrical rooms that does not utilize ozone-depleting substances.
- Full wastewater treatment in accordance with IEAT regulations.
- A high efficiency chiller with an Atmosphere Impact Index according to LEED (Green Building Design and Construction).
- VSD (variable speed drives) installed on pumps and AHUs.
- A building management system is provided to monitor and control all energy consumption equipment in order to maximize efficiency during operations.
- A Chiller Plant Manager monitors and operates chillers and pumps to ensure they operate at the highest efficiency.
- A sponge Ball-Cleaning system is utilized to clean the condenser tubes of chillers to enhance system performance.
- Generators are provided to back up life safety equipment.
Implementation and Reporting
Implementation in 2018
The Company is committed to creating value for customers by improving operational efficiency and developing innovative methods of energy conservation with the aim to be socially responsible and environmentally friendly, thus leading to the sustainable growth of the business. The policy for innovative development was established for social responsibility and to lead to such practice. The Technology Development Department engaged in the research and development in the following areas:
- The development of an environmentally friendly production process by increasing production efficiency, reducing the impact on the environment and reducing energy consumption.
- The development of products that are environmentally friendly, such as those that reduce energy consumption in the production process and that enhance product quality.
Operation Plan in 2018
The Company will continue to emphasize creating long-term value for the organization by developing and acquiring knowledge that will help lead to changes in thinking, operations, and the working process, maximizing the utilization of resources, and as a result obtain an appropriate cost of goods that will create a competitive edge.
The Company issues Annual Reports in which it explains its Corporate Social Responsibility policies and activities in order to convey the Company’s ideas and share experience about social and environmental development activities with our Shareholders, educational institutions, and the general public. The report is also available in the form of a CDROM and on our website www.kcethai.in.th
Impact from Social or Environmental issues
In 2018, the Company had no social or environmental legal disputes.
Corporate Social Responsibility Activities
The Company values the importance of contributing to community, society, religion and culture, natural resources and the environment, and to the general public. The Company promotes a culture of being socially responsible for all staff levels. The Company emphasizes achieving sustainable development on a long-term basis. The Company has offered many scholarships for needy students, provided funds for disadvantaged teachers and schools, helped underprivileged people get back on their feet with business start-up funds, promoted self-sustainability in communities and encouraged environmental preservation. The Company has organized activities that are environmentally and socially related in various forms by focusing on the efficient economy concept, improving educational standards for the younger generation, the development of both health and mind, and other activities related to arts and sports.
In 2018, The Company together with its employees, participated in the following activities to contribute to the community and the public:
Activity 1 : Mangrove forest planting in honor of His Majesty the King Maha Vajiralongkorn and Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, at the Nature Education Centre, the Bang Pu recreation centre, August 3, 2018.
KCE International Co., Ltd. jointly participated in the activity with members of the community and enterprises in the Bang Pu Industrial Estate in order to take part in environmental preservation by mangrove forest planting in honor of His Majesty the King Maha Vajiralongkorn and Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, at the Nature Education Centre, Bang Pu Recreation Centre, SamutPrakan province.
Activity 2 : Garbage collection at Mae Ramphueng Beach, Rayong province.
KCE is always concerned about problems that impact the environment.Therefore, in a CSR activity, we collected garbage at Mae Ramphueng Beach in Rayong province. There were 3 groups that took part in 3 activities on August 3-4, 2018, August 17-18, 2018, and September 6-7, 2018. The cleanup was aimed at helping reduce the garbage problem that has caused pollution and deteriorated the environment.
Activity : 3 Donation of medical equipment:์
- Donation of medical equipment to the Suan Dok Hospital Foundation on September 20, 2018.
The KCE Group and the OKS Foundation jointly donated two Pulse Oximeters value at Bt170,000 to the Suan Dok Hospital Foundation, Faculty of Medicine of Chiang Mai University, for children in the Department of Pediatrics.
- Donation of medical instruments and equipment to the Children’s Hospital Foundation,Siam Royal Princess Building, 420/8 Ratchawithi Road, Phayathai, Ratchathevi, Bangkok 10400, October 3, 2018
The Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health, or Children’s Hospital, started construction of a multi-purpose building that will be a medical center for children, aiming to be a center for children’s health by complying with international standards, maintaining a high quality of medical treatment, and developing new technology to keep up with innovations in the treatment of various diseases. Due to a lack of budget to purchase necessary medical equipment, many patients are awaiting the benefit that modern equipment can provide. The KCE Group joined with the OSK Foundation represented by CSR members to make a donation for the purchase of medical equipment for the Children’s Hospital, as follows:
- One respirator unit valued at Bt1,500,000 for infants with heart disease, for those who may require heart surgery, for those who experience respiratory failure, or for those who suffer from dengue fever.
- Two respiratory units with a total value Bt400,000 for patients with chronic respiratory problems, both for use in the hospital at home.
- Three respiratory units with a total value of Bt540,000 to assist in breathing in acute stages.
Activity : 4 Donation of consumer products to the Baan Nokkamin Foundation, situated on Serithai Road, KlongKum, Bueng Kum district, Bangkok, on Saturday October 27, 2018.
The Baan Nokkamin Foundation was established in November 1989 by Mr. Erwin Groebli, a Swiss missionary. The foundation initially started to house a group of street children Mr. Groebli had met in the Ramkhamhaeng area of Bangkok. Feeling compassion for the children as they were homeless, he rented a location to house the children. As the children invited more friends, larger accommodations were required.
The Foundation believes that “family” is the foundation of development in all aspects of children’s lives. Children being cared for by the Foundation are therefore treated as a member of a family, with staff members acting as the father and mother of the children. There are 10 children in one such family so that each staff-parent can take close care of the children. The children receive love, warmth and care from their parents, teaching and personal guidance, as well as educational opportunities according to their ability. The Foundation hopes that the children will live a quality life and be a benefit to society.
The Baan Nokkamin Foundation cares for 45 persons, 23 male and 22 female, who live in the center, and 10 persons who live outside the center. KCE Group took part in offering to help the Foundation cope with the need for consumer supplies by donating clothes, rice, dried food and consumer products to the Foundation on Saturday October 27, 2018. Forty-five CSR members participated in this activity.
Activity : 5 Participated in offering robes to monks in the “Thot Kathin” ceremony at Wat Pah Ampawan, Chonburi, November 4, 2018.
KCE Group made merit in the “Thot Kathin” ceremony at Wat Pah Ampawan, Chonburi province (branch No. 42 of Wat Nongphapong) in order to build a dhamma retreat, monk’s residence, and a home with kitchen at TambonKo-Khanon, Amphoe Phanom Sarakram, Chachoengsao province. Khun Voraluk Ongkosit, the Vice Chairperson of Executive Board, participated in the Kathin ceremony.
Activity : 6 Provided lunch, donated consumer products and arranged recreational activity at SotSuksa School, Prachinburi, Tambon Noen Hom, Amphoe Mueang, Prachinburi province.
SotSuksa School is located in Prachinburi province. It has 250 students with 4 types of disabilities, which are:
- hearing impairment
- intellectual disability
- multiple disabilities
The school has three instructional systems available:
- A curriculum for deaf students that provides the 8-Learning areas, similar to regular schools: Kindergarten to Mathayom 6
- A curriculum for students with intellectual disabilities and multiple disabilities that provides the 6-Learning areas: Primary 1 to Mathayom 6
- A curriculum for autistic students: 2 groups
There are a total of 61 personnel hired by the government comprising teachers, teacher assistants, administrative officers and general employees.
On the activity day, employees of KCE Group and CSR members jointly engaged in some activities, as follows:
- donated funds for a lunch project
- donated consumer products, e.g., rice, eggs, seasoning and other necessary consumer goods
- arranged recreational activity
Activity : 7 Provided lunch and arranged recreational activity with disadvantaged patients/destitute patients at the Elderly Foundation (Baan Lung Sanit), Ratchaburi, Moo 5, Tambon Kung Krathin, Amphoe Mueang, Ratchaburi province, December 8, 2018.
The Elderly Foundation (Baan Lung Sanit) was founded by Lung Sanit to help disadvantaged patients and patients who have no relatives or who are homeless. The Foundation houses 85 persons, 52 male and 33 female, between the ages of 45 and 80, who are housed in 3 buildings:
Building 1: 10 persons who unable to care for themselves, and 14 persons who are able to care for themselves (including 12 infected patients).
Building 2: 6 persons who are unable to care of for themselves, and 29 persons who are able to care for themselves.
Building 1: 4 persons who cannot care for themselves, and 22 persons who are able to care for themselves.
On the activity day, the employees of KCE Group and CSR members totaling 45 persons jointly arranged some recreational activity, as follows:
- donated money to the foundation
- provided lunch
- donated consumer products, e.g., rice, eggs, seasoning and other necessary consumer goods
Activity : 8 Donated clothes, blankets, jacket, stationery, sporting goods, dried food and candy to students at the Ban Mae-Aok-Nue School, Sop Moei, Mae Hong Son province, December 9, 2018.
Ban Mae-Aok-Nue School is situated in a rough and isolated area on the mountain of Amphoe Sop Moei, Mae Hong Son province. The school was established and opened in 1984 with a kindergarten to the Lower Secondary level. There are 95 students and 11 teachers.
On the activity day, the employees of KCE Group and CSR members jointly arranged some recreational activity as follows:
- donated blankets, jackets and socks
- donated stationery educational equipment and sporting goods
- donated consumer products and snacks
Activity : 9 Other CSR projects:
- On January 9, 2018, KCE donated money and the necessities to the monks, Wat Suthaphoch.
- On January 13, 1018, the Company donated teaching aids and gifts on Children’s Day to a total of 12 schools and government units as follows:
- Wat Utapao School
- Lam Jadee School
- Surao Sanam Klang Lam School
- Wat Ratchakosa, child development
- Wat Phrayapla School
- Pua Siw Ting Lim Sao Kim, Child development
- Islamlamsai School
- Wat Thippawas School
- Tewson Ruamjit Maneeya Community
- Satsana Damrong Vithaya School
- Pracha Ruamchai, Child development
- LatKrabang Industrial Estate Office, LatKrabang, Bangkok
- On January 26, 2018, KCE Group collected the old calendars and donated them to the Educational Technology Center for the Blind to produce braille books for the blind.
- On September 14, 2018, KCE Group provided school scholarships, stationery, sporting goods to students, Prasansamakee School. Khwaeng Tubyao, Bangkok.
- On February 14, 2018, KCE Group collected the old mobile phones and donated them for acquisition of medical instruments project, the thaikidneyclub
- On May 4-5, 2018, KCE Group provide school scholarships to the Soi12 Sai4 Sai School Deelang, Lop Buri province.
- On May 16, 2018, The Company’s employee donated 850 books to the school library, Wat Hardsumran School, Tambon Thamaphla, Amphoe Lang Suan, Chumporn province
- On September 14, 2018, KCE Group provided school scholarships, stationery, sporting goods to students, Prasansamakee School. Khwaeng Tubyao, Bangkok.